The feel good soup
It’s too dang cold out there so I wanted something hearty and delish to warm me up 🙂 obviously my recipe is vegetarian based but you can add sausage if you’re a carnivore.
• 1 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
• Chopped celery, carrots (about two handfuls)
• 1 bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
• 8 cups water
• 6 cubes vegetable bouillon (such as Knorr)
• 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
• 4 white/golden potatoes, peeled and cubed
• 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans (drained if desired)
• 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
• 2 tablespoons dried parsley
• salt and pepper to taste
• Add all ingredients to list
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot; cook the onion and garlic until soft. Add in celery and carrots. Stir in the kale and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes. Stir in the water, vegetable bouillon, tomatoes, potatoes, beans, Italian seasoning, and parsley. Simmer soup on medium heat for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Bonus: toast sourdough and dip in soup!