Are you drooling yet? But seriously. The recipe is simply delicious and not all that bad for you either. Makes for a great brunch on a crisp Sunday morning or for a special treat after dinner (make sure to add that vanilla ice cream) 👌🏼
I’ve always been an oatmeal lover since my parents would make it for breakfast when the seasons changed. There’s nothing better then a warm breakfast to get your body going. Side note: you can make at night and reheat in morning, especially if your a gal on the go like me! Breakfast is my forever favorite meal of the day and if your like me; this recipe will be heaven for you.
Give it a try and remember that you can really substitute any fruit or nuts as you please. I hope you like it!
What you’ll need…
2 cups gluten free quick oats (Trader Joes)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
1 3/4 cup Almond Milk
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 banana Sliced and diced
1/3 cup walnuts if you please
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
maple syrup, agave, or honey
Almond butter drizzle (creamy)
Whip it up! Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C and grease the sides and bottom of a 10 inch cast iron skillet (or 8×8 inch square baking dish)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt and sugar until combined.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla extract and flax eggs whisk until combined. Gently fold in half of the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish. Scatter the remaining half of the blueberries over the top.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients (walnuts, cinnamon and coconut sugar) the topping. Spread the topping over the top of the oat mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until the oats are set. I then like to drizzle of agave and almond butter for extra deliciousness!